Australian boxer Danny Green talks the talk then walks the walk in our sports quotes of the week.
Danny Green did his job by breaking, defeating and destroying Manny Sciaca in three rounds [GETTY]
"My job is to break this man down, my job is to defeat him, my job is to destroy him, that's his job, too."
- Danny Green lists the essential criteria for work as a boxer ahead of his IBO cruiserweight world title against Manny Siaca.
"I don't think he wants to go out missing a penalty in the grand final. So if we can turn something into a positive, maybe we can get him to think about the next grand final."
- Melbourne Victory coach Ernie Merrick rubs salt into Kevin Muscat's penalty-miss wound, before asking him to come back for one more season.
"I'm enjoying myself more than ever and I'm probably close to being as fit as I've ever been in my whole career."
- Australia and Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer still going strong at age 37.
"We were just footballers going to play a football match and represent our country, yet we were attacked by people who wanted to kill us all. It is a moment I will never forget and one I never want to experience again."
- Togo and Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor announces his retirement from international football.
"To have her share this moment, share the joy of winning on 18 and share this with my kids, is something that we'll look back on the rest of our lives. It means so much to us to be able to share this type of jubilation."
- Phil Mickelson shows his family values after winning the 74th Masters at Augusta National.
"I finished fourth. Not what I wanted. I wanted to win this tournament. I only enter events to win and I didn't get it done."
- Winning is everything for Tiger Woods who finished tied fourth at Augusta.
"I got involved and forcibly tried to slow him up a little bit and I have found myself in a situation before where I have needed the same thing. It's disappointing that we have found ourselves in this situation and let the footy club down."
- Richmond's Ben Cousins is again forced to be contrite for an off-field incident after his shenanigans with teammate Daniel Connors in a Sydney hotel.
"There is an intense and healthy rivalry between Australians and New Zealanders when it comes to sport, including V8 Supercars. But we will always be proudly and inextricably linked through the bravery of the original ANZACs and all those that have followed in serving our countries since."
- Holden Racing Team's Garth Tander speaks solemnly ahead of the V8 Supercar round on Hamilton's street circuit in New Zealand.
"When you are making the majority of your contact to the head you know you are going to be in a little bit of strife but I think it needs to be significant enough. That was a bit of a love tap I believe."
- Brisbane Lions captain Jonathan Brown comments on Lance Franklin's one-match suspension for a "love tap" on Western Bulldogs player Jason Akermanis's head.
"We didn't need any luck. We only needed the officials to get the big decisions right."
- Bolton manager Owen Coyle laments after big club Chelsea got away with two hand balls in the box in a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge.
"The political and security situation has to improve for us to convince foreign teams to come and play cricket in Pakistan. Pakistan having to play a home series away from home is never a very healthy sign for Pakistan cricket. Cricket lovers in Pakistan at the moment are deprived of watching their team. It's very sad."
- Pakistan great Mushtaq Mohammad echoes the thoughts of all sports fans who believe sport and politics should not mix.
"If you want my opinion, I'm not sure he would even get in their team. Do they need him? I'm not sure that they do."
- Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood tries to double-bluff Barcelona who are interested in signing Gunners star player Cesc Fabregas.
"I hit him early. He took about 20 or 30 uppercuts and he felt the power and was intimated by it. He didn't want to know about it."
- Danny Green tells how he did a job on Manny Siaca after winning their IBO cruiserweight world title in just three rounds.
:: More Lip Service