Are you in the process of writing the next big comedy? Are you a producer with too many great ideas and no way to get them off the ground? Would you like to take a crack at helping to shape the future comedy landscape of Australia?
The SBS Comedy Runway is here, a nationwide comedy initiative to find the next generation of comedic talent through our commitment to fund and present a new online pilot once a month, every month.
To do this we've partnered with screen agencies from all over Australia. Together, we're offering funding to each successful applicant to the tune of $20,000 to make their scripts a reality. Or, well... as much of a reality as a fictional web pilot can be ... if you win, it'll get made is what we're saying.
Successful pilots will be considered for production as a fully funded web series with a view to their potential for television. So applying for the Comedy Runway is your first step on the pathway to television!
Applications for the SBS Comedy Runway must include ALL of the following:
- A filled out SBS Comedy Runway Coversheet
- A short breakdown of the proposed concept (no more than one page)
- An attached pilot script for a five-minute episode;
- A brief treatment on how this idea would continue through a follow up web series (of 6 episodes each 5 minutes in length)
- A production timeline and detailed budget allocating how you would use the $20,000 in the creation of the pilot
- Team profiles
You must have also read ALL of the Comedy Pilot Guidelines (you should do this anyway, there's important info in there!)
Once you have completed your application email it through to: email@example.com
Entries close at 5pm (Australian Eastern Time) on the 30th of April. So get cracking!
In Partnership with: