Our winner is L. McKerracher from Raby, NSW.
Margaret River Gourmet Escape supported by Food Network is an extraordinary festival of food and wine held over the weekend of 16th-19th November 2017, with a line up of the biggest names in the culinary world. Set in one of the most beautiful places on earth, this is a once-a-year chance to feast, sip and party your way through an array of fine dining and casual events featuring the Audi Gourmet Beach Barbecue and the Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate.
Mingle with famous faces including renowned Canadian chef and heatseeker, Roger Mooking (host of Food Network’s “Man Fire Food”), who will share their knowledge and passion for cooking in an abundance of mesmerising food encounters. We’ve handpicked our favourite events for you to attend, including Feast In The Forest hosted by Roger Mooking.
This extraordinary trip for two people will include:
- Economy flights from your closest capital city, leaving Friday 17th November and returning Monday 20th November
- 3 night’s accommodation for two people in the Margaret River Wine region, minimum 4 stars
- 4 days car hire (Fri- Mon) pick up and return to Perth airport
- The Great Soiree at Fraser Gallop on Friday 17th November As the golden sun sinks into the west, admire the impeccably manicured gardens, Renaissance-style parterre terraces and beautiful lake as you sip on a range of Fraser Gallop Estate’s multi award-winning Bordeaux-style wines.
- Feast in the Forest Dinner, hosted by Roger Mooking on Saturday 18th November Join renowned Canadian chef and heatseeker Roger Mooking (host of Food Network’s “Man Fire Food”) at The Safari Club, a rustic barn surrounded by pristine Marri and Jarrah forest. It’s a magical spot for the invited chefs to do what they do best – celebrate wood, flame, smoke and cooking the way it’s been done for centuries
- Escape Garden at the Gourmet Village on Sunday 19th November Set in a beautiful vineyard, festival-goers rub shoulders with some of the world’s best chefs in a delicious, fun-filled environment. There’ll be cooking demonstrations, intimate conversations about the latest trends in food and wine, live music and plenty of food and wine from WA’s leading restaurants, wineries and food producers.
- The Official Closing Party Watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean as you enjoy a cocktail especially created for the closing party by new wave mixologist Vijay Mudaliar, owner of Singapore’s most imaginative cocktail bar, Native and winner of the Most Creative Cocktail Bar at The Bar Awards Singapore 2017. Serving up inventive and exciting Asian inspired snacks will be multi award-winning chef Dan Hong (Mr. Wong & Ms. G’s), one of Sydney’s most creative talents.
About Margaret River
Margaret River is ranked among the world’s most famous wine regions, home to 217 vineyards and 187 wineries. Located a leisurely three hour drive south of Perth, this extraordinary destination has gained a fan club of culinary influencers who’ve fallen in love with the region’s unique offering. Boasting arguably the best beaches in the world, coastal ‘cape to cape’ walking tracks, ancient caves, tall tree forests, cultural experiences, world-renowned surfing breaks and spectacular wine and dining experiences – Margaret River is a destination you need to experience for yourself to understand its magic.
Find out more at www.gourmetescape.com.au.
Competition opens: 14 Aug 2017, 10:00 am (AEST)
Competition closes: 4 Sep 2017, 10:00 am (AEST)
Competition drawn: 5 Sep 2017, 10:00 am (AEST)