Food Lovers' Guide to Australia - Series 5
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
To serve coconut rice Malaysian style, scoop individual servings into a small soup bowl to mould rice before upending it onto plates.
Gai Lais also is also known as Chinese broccoli and has thick mid-green stems. A very popular vegetable dish in Chinese restaurants, simply steamed and served with oyster sauce.