Indian Food Safari
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Cooking a mire poix
A common base for stews, soups and casseroles a French mire poix is generally made up of two parts onion, two parts carrot and one part celery. The ingredients are cooked gently in olive oil or butter before the other ingredients are added.
A native Australian herb with a pleasant lemony aroma, used to make tea or as a substitute for lemongrass.