Soup recipes on SBS Food
PLEASE NOTE: All submitted comments become the property of SBS. We reserve the right to edit and/or amend submitted comments. HTML tags other than paragraph, line break, bold or italics will be removed from your comment.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Cooking dried beans or pulses
When cooking dried beans or pulses, don't add salt until they are tender. Salt toughens the skins and lengthens the cooking time.
Known as camarao seco in Brazilian cooking. Tinely blended to a powder or soaked and ground, these tiny sun-dried prawns add a great depth of flavour to Bahian dishes such as xinxim de galinha.