SBS Food Guide to Curry
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Bubble and Squeak
Incorporate cold leftover vegetables from a previous meal (traditionally the Sunday roast) into bubble and squeak. Chop vegetables (and cold chopped meat if you have it) and combine with mashed potato. Fry the fritters until the mixture is well-cooked and brown on the sides.
Sweet Paprika made from sweeter, milder varieties of capsicum. It has a good depth of flavour and also adds a vibrant colour.