- Self Preservation (34)
- The taste of test tube meat (28)
- Industrial Bacon Flu (26)
- Chow Mein: The Australian Classic (19)
- Top 4 Roast Pork Belly Recipes (17)
- Intolerant Foodies (15)
- Makin' Bacon: A guide for city slickers (14)
- Spot the Aussie: The imported beer myth (13)
- 100 glorious years of MSG (13)
- Dealing with the zucchini mountain (12)
Featured Food & Recipes
To de-beard a mussel grab the beard (the byssal threads that connect the mussel to the rocks in the sea) with your fingers, and pull them out, tugging toward the hinged point of the shell.
Shellfish with a delicate taste available in a range of sizes. Scallops can be steamed, fried or grilled but should be cooked gently. The flesh is firm and white, the coral (or roe) is orange or pale red in colour.