Makin' Bacon: A guide for city slickers
I thought that I'd write a follow-up post on David Shennan's Paddock to Plate blog, on making bacon given that I'm pretty keen on making bacon myself, and really, anything thing at all that involves pork belly.
PLEASE NOTE: All submitted comments become the property of SBS. We reserve the right to edit and/or amend submitted comments. HTML tags other than paragraph, line break, bold or italics will be removed from your comment.
- Self Preservation (33)
- Industrial Bacon Flu (26)
- The taste of test tube meat (25)
- Chow Mein: The Australian Classic (19)
- Top 4 Roast Pork Belly Recipes (17)
- Intolerant Foodies (15)
- Makin' Bacon: A guide for city slickers (14)
- Spot the Aussie: The imported beer myth (13)
- 100 glorious years of MSG (13)
- Dealing with the zucchini mountain (12)
Featured Food & Recipes
Crispy potato pancakes
When making potato pancakes wring out the excess moisture in the potatoes (after you grate them) in a clean, dry tea towel. This will ensure a crisp batter.
An Italian sorbet made of lightly sweetened syrup flavoured with coffee or liqueur. It is served between courses or as refreshment.