PLEASE NOTE: All submitted comments become the property of SBS. We reserve the right to edit and/or amend submitted comments. HTML tags other than paragraph, line break, bold or italics will be removed from your comment.
- Self Preservation (32)
- Industrial Bacon Flu (26)
- The taste of test tube meat (24)
- Chow Mein: The Australian Classic (19)
- Top 4 Roast Pork Belly Recipes (17)
- Intolerant Foodies (15)
- Makin' Bacon: A guide for city slickers (14)
- Spot the Aussie: The imported beer myth (13)
- 100 glorious years of MSG (13)
- Dealing with the zucchini mountain (12)
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Be careful to choose vanilla extract that is labeled as "pure" as opposed to the synthetic varieties. Vanilla essence is a stronger version of vanilla extract and only a couple of drops are required for a similar result.
Impart a sweet and sour flavour and are often used in dishes like biryani.