Maltese recipes and Maltese food
About Maltese Food
Make sure your kitchen is stocked with these essential ingredients.
Find out which special utensils you’ll need on hand during cooking.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Porridge with salt
Porridge in Scotland is cooked slowly and gently to create a thick consistency. The Scots would never dream of sweetening their porridge, instead choosing to flavour it with salt.
Gorgonzola is a creamy blue cheese used in the classic Italian dish: gnocchi gorgonzola.