Ethiopian recipes and Ethiopian food
About Ethiopian Food
Make sure your kitchen is stocked with these essential ingredients.
Find out which special utensils you’ll need on hand during cooking.
Displaying 10 of 19 Ethiopian Restaurants.
|1.||De Bortoli Winery and Restaurant||Dixons Creek|
|3.||Fekerte's Ethiopian Cuisine||Dickson|
|4.||Ethiopia Down Under||Pearce|
|7.||The Abyssinian Restaurant||Kensington|
|9.||Made In Africa Ethiopian Restaurant||Moorooka|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Rice is a basic staple, always cooked fresh and steamed. The water used to rinse the rice (before cooking) is later used to impart flavour and thicken soups. Leftover rice is also reserved, to be fried with garlic and oil for a dish called sinangag.
A brewed cooking wine, sake is loved for its flavour in marinades and sauces and is cheaper than sake bought in a bottle store.