Egyptian recipes and Egyptian food
About Egyptian Food
Make sure your kitchen is stocked with these essential ingredients.
Find out which special utensils you’ll need on hand during cooking.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Toasting whole spices in a dry pan can help to bring out the essential oils and the flavour in the spice, however be careful to taste as you add the spice to your dish as the flavour will have changed and you may need less. Toasting pre-ground spices is a little trickier and it can ruin the flavour of the spice altogether.
A sweet or savoury filled pastry made especially for the Chinese Moon Festival, held in autumn. Fillings can range from salty duck egg to sweet lotus paste or red bean. The pastries are stamped with Chinese characters or patterns.