Burmese recipes and Burmese food
About Burmese Food
Make sure your kitchen is stocked with these essential ingredients.
Find out which special utensils you’ll need on hand during cooking.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Be careful not to over-handle hamburger patties when you are moulding them. The more you touch them the more compact the meat will become. This will result in a tough, dense hamburger.
Insert your knife around the hinge that keeps the two shells together, break the membrane that attaches the oyster to the shell, rinse off any excess shell and place the oyster upside down on the shell for presentation.