Dozens of layers of flaky pastry filled with a variety of fillings, the most traditional being ricotta and mushy peas.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Leftover Yorkshire puddings
If you have Yorkshire puddings left over from a Sunday roast, serve with ice-cream and jam for dessert.
Probably the most useful and versatile pastry, shortcrust is a crumbly pastry that is ideal for pies and pasties.