Bay leaves are one of the few herbs that don't lose their flavour when dried, rather the flavour is more intense. Can be bought as whole dried leaves or ground and is also popular as a fresh herb.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Clean barbecue with lemon
Cut a lemon in half and spear it onto the end of your tongs. Use the exposed lemon to clean the grills of your barbecue as it is heating up. The acid in the lemon makes this a very simple yet effective cleaning tool.
Perilla leaves (rau tia to) are large leaves, purple on one side and dark green on the other. The leaves are shredded and used in eggplant dishes and in rice paper rolls. Also called shiso leaf in Japanese cookery.