An Italian phrase used to describe the texture of pasta, rice and vegetables as tender or soft on the outside but still firm to the bite.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Koreans use a shallow spoon for rice and soup and a set of silver or stainless steel chopsticks for serving from the shared dishes. Side dishes or banchan vary in number depending on the occasion, but at least 3 to 5 would be a minimum at home, with many more for special guests or in restaurants.
Dragon fruit (thanh long tuoi) comes in two varieties - one with bright red flesh and the other white, both have tiny black seeds. Although it can be bland in flavour it makes a striking addition to a fruit platter.