A type of rice where the outer bran layer has not been removed. The raw grains have a charred appearance and when cooked, the grains are the colour of blackberries.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
When caramelising sliced onions, add salt to stop the onions from burning and aid the caramelising process.
A mixture of black pepper, other spices, and sweet pepper flakes. An alternative to plain black pepper.