Flat dark open mushroom, good for roasting, baking and stuffing.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Smoking with paperbark (native Aust)
You can use Australian native paperbark in place of baking paper when cooking en papillotte. Simply fold the paperbark around a fillet of fish (including any other herbs and spices) and fold the open ends inwards. Secure with string (as you would tie a birthday present) and cook on the barbecue. Paperbark is not edible.
The fatty 'wrapping' that lines the abdominal cavity of a pig, looking rather like a net of white fatty tissue.