Peanut soup with celery recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Serves 4
Ingredients1 stick celery
1 medium-sized onion
4 tbsp butter
1 1/2 - 2 tbsp flour
750 ml chicken stock, bought product
125 g peanut butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp unsalted, roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
PreparationWash and finely dice the celery. Peel and finely dice the onion.
Melt the butter in a wide pan and sweat the celery and onion over a medium heat, stirring.
Sprinkle with flour, sweat briefly, then gradually stir in the stock. Add the peanut butter and simmer over a low heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes.
Season the soup with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Studding lamb with garlic and rosemary
Stud lamb rack with rosemary, garlic and anchovies by making small incisions with your knife all over the lamb. Slide slivers of garlic, a piece of anchovy and a few rosemary leaves into each incision then roast as normal.
A sweet made of almonds and sugar invented for the French Comte du Plessis-Praslin by his cook in the 1600s.