Confit of ocean trout recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
Ingredients1 fillet of ocean trout
Zest of 1 lemon
Ground coriander seed
Nori sheets, crumbled
Dried wakame, soaked in cold water
Julienne lemon zest
Ocean trout roe
PreparationIn a large saucepan add olive oil, garlic, thyme, basil, lemon zest and ground coriander seed on a low heat up to 70C. Add fillet of ocean trout into liquid. Leave to cook for 6-7 minutes.
Shave fennel on a mandolin and place in a small bowl. Add cracked pepper, small amount of salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix with a metal spoon.
Remove fillet of ocean trout from the pan and place on a plate.
Combine nori and wakame in a bowl, add soy sauce and mirin, then a pinch of salt. Drizzle in some extra virgin olve oil and allow nori to absorb liquid, it should be a thick sauce consistency. Stir in lemon zest and spoon over ocean trout. Spoon over some ocean trout roe and parsley oil and serve.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Toasting whole spices in a dry pan can help to bring out the essential oils and the flavour in the spice, however be careful to taste as you add the spice to your dish as the flavour will have changed and you may need less. Toasting pre-ground spices is a little trickier and it can ruin the flavour of the spice altogether.
A distant cousin of modern wheat, high in fibre and protein. Often able to be tolerated by people with gluten intolerances.