- Cuisine: Serbian
10 tbsp white sugar
7 tbsp honey
4 tbsp oil (olive or vegetable)
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Icing sugar for decoration
PreparationPreheat oven to 175 degrees.
Beat eggs in a bowl. Add all other ingredients except flour and icing sugar and mix.
Then slowly add the sifted flour bit by bit. The mixture will be quite sticky. Flour hands so that small pieces of the mixture can be rolled into balls (there should be about 24 pieces) and press down with hands to flatten.
Place onto a baking tray that has been greased lightly and bake in oven 15 mins.
When ready take out of oven allow to sit for 5-10 mins and sprinkle icing sugar on the top.
NB. Can add extra spices to the icing sugar for added flavour if desired, eg. mixed spice, ginger spice or cinnamon spice.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Bubble and Squeak
Incorporate cold leftover vegetables from a previous meal (traditionally the Sunday roast) into bubble and squeak. Chop vegetables (and cold chopped meat if you have it) and combine with mashed potato. Fry the fritters until the mixture is well-cooked and brown on the sides.
Italian sheep's milk cheeses, of which Romano is the best known. Mostly used for grating.