Ninh Binh snails cooked in lemongrass and chilli recipe (oc luoc xa)
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Ingredients2 lemongrass stalks, bruised and sliced into 4cm lengths
6 lemon leaves
2 chillis, bashed
1 knob ginger, pounded
300g snails, washed in salted water 3 times
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 chilli, diced
1 tsp diced garlic
1 tsp sliced lemongrass
2 lemon leaves, finely sliced
PreparationTo make the dipping sauce, mix and combine ingredients well.
In a saucepan, add 2 cups of water, lemongrass, lemon leaves, chilli and ginger.
Bring to the boil, then add snails. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and serve with the dipping sauce.
If you enjoyed this Ninh Binh snails cooked in lemongrass and chilli recipe (oc luoc xa) then browse more Vietnamese recipes, side dish recipes, seafood recipes, luke nguyen’s memories of vietnam recipes, easy recipes, lactose-free recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Displaying 10 of 276 Vietnamese Restaurants.
|2.||Thy Thy 1||Richmond|
|4.||Pho Phu Quoc||Dickson|
|8.||New Saigon Vietnamese||Adelaide|
|10.||Green Papaya||East Brisbane|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Cover harissa paste with a layer of olive oil to preserve.
A big deep bowl, often ceramic, in which ingredients for the crunchy salad rojak are mixed and the dark viscous soy dressing is added and tossed through.