Wild shiitake mushroom and choko leaf stir-fry recipe (nam xao la su su)
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Ingredients1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, diced
2 Asian shallots, diced
200g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed
1 bunch choko leaves, picked into 4cm lengths
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp light soy sauce
Jasmine rice, to serve
PreparationIn a hot wok, add oil followed by garlic and shallots, and cook until fragrant.
Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the choko leaves and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until wilted.
Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce, and then stir-fry for a further minute.
Serve with jasmine rice.
If you enjoyed this Wild shiitake mushroom and choko leaf stir-fry recipe (nam xao la su su) then browse more Vietnamese recipes, stir-fry recipes, vegetarian recipes, nut-free recipes, low-fat recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Displaying 10 of 276 Vietnamese Restaurants.
|2.||Thy Thy 1||Richmond|
|4.||Pho Phu Quoc||Dickson|
|8.||New Saigon Vietnamese||Adelaide|
|10.||Green Papaya||East Brisbane|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Manioc meal is used to make farofa, a seasoning that is made with toasted manioc meal and may contain extra ingredients such as olives, nuts or raisins. If you cannot find manioc meal you can substitute tapioca starch - although be aware it is more refined than manioc flour.
An Italian sorbet made of lightly sweetened syrup flavoured with coffee or liqueur. It is served between courses or as refreshment.