- Cuisine: Cuban
PreparationCut each banana into 2 cm widths. Peel and drop each piece into a saucepan of hot oil. Cook until they begin to turn brown. Remove and while hot, squash the flesh flat, between 2 pieces of brown paper. Then fry one more time. Drain and sprinkle with salt before serving.
Thin slices of banana can also be double fried for a more regular look.
If you enjoyed this Tostones recipe then browse more Cuban recipes, side dish recipes, vegetarian recipes, child-friendly recipes, easy recipes, quick recipes, fruit recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
How to tell your steak is cooked
You can use palm of your hand to help determine how your steak is cooked. Gently bringing together your index finger and thumb, and pressing the mound on your palm below the thumb will feel similar pressing a raw steak; the middle finger and thumb is like medium rare; and onwards to the pinky will feel like a well-done steak.
Seaweed (kim) is eaten as a crispy snack in Korea in toasted sheets which can also be finely shredded and used as a garnish.