Cherry sauce recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
Ingredients2 tbsp olive oil
A child’s thumb of ginger, grated
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 stick of cinnamon
1-2 whole star anise
500g fresh cherries, stalks removed, pitted
Pinch of five spice
Splash of cider vinegar
Salt, to taste
PreparationHeat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic, and fry, stirring occasionally.
Place the cinnamon, cloves and star anise on a piece of muslin. Tie up into a bundle. Add the cherries and spice bag to the saucepan. Add the five spice and cider vinegar. Add a little water to moisten the cooking pot. Simmer the sauce for 40 minutes. Fifteen minutes into cooking, remove the spice bag.
Using a stick blender, blend the mixture. Season to taste with salt. Store in the fridge.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
If you do not have a tenderising meat hammer, try bashing your schnitzels with a rolling pin. Wrapping the pin in glad wrap makes it easy to clean.
Orange Blossom Water
An aromatic essence used in Lebanese cooking, particularly for sweets and desserts and sold in any Middle Eastern grocery store.