Roasted pears recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Serves 4
Ingredients3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 pears, peeled, halved, cored
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Juice of 1 lemon
PreparationHeat the butter and sugar in a pan. Cook, stirring, until the sugar caramelises slightly. Add the pear and fry until golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon and pour over the lemon juice and water. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Avoid making honey candies, a popular Jewish treat for Passover or Hanukkah, when the weather is humid as the honey in the mix absorbs the moisture from the air.
Chocolate Con Churros
Often eaten at breakfast, churros is a crisp stick of fried dough dusted with icing sugar. Churros are served with thick, rich hot chocolate just perfect for dunking.