Filipino Spanish omelette recipe
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time: 5 min(s)
- Cook Time: 5 min(s)
- Serves 1
Scrambled eggs, soft onions and sweet tomatoes combine in this breakfast favourite known as Spanish omelette.
Ingredients1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ brown onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced into eighths
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper, to season
PreparationHeat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
Add the onion and sauté until soft. Add the tomato and, using the back of the spatula, press down to flatten and release the juices. Continue to sauté and stir until the flavours are well combined and the tomatoes are soft.
Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour over the onion mixture. Don’t stir for the first 30 seconds; this gives the eggs time to set. Then, gently fold the eggs so the onion mixture is evenly distributed and cook until just set.
If you enjoyed this Filipino Spanish omelette recipe then browse more Filipino recipes, vegetarian recipes, filipino radio recipes, breakfast recipes, easy recipes, quick recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Grind the saffron thread with some salt in a mortar and pestle until it is like a fine powder. It will be distributed through the paella evenly giving a better colour and flavour to the finished dish.
Dehydrated celery used in soups, sauces, salads, dips, and stuffings.