Milk’s cream with bread and sugar recipe (pan con nata de leche y azúcar)
- Cuisine: Spanish
To work, the milk must have a very high fat content (at least 3.6g per 100ml) – preferably direct from a farm.
250ml pouring cream
Honey or sugar, to serve
PreparationPlace the milk and cream in a small saucepan over low heat for 15 minutes or until a thick skin forms. Set aside until room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
Using a slotted spoon, remove thick skin from milk and spoon over the slices of bread. Drizzle with honey or sprinkle with sugar to serve.
As seen in Feast magazine, Issue 10, pg88.
Photography by John Reyment.
If you enjoyed this Milk’s cream with bread and sugar recipe (pan con nata de leche y azúcar) then browse more Spanish recipes, bread recipes, easy recipes, quick recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Displaying 10 of 222 Spanish Restaurants.
|1.||Raquel's Spanish Kitchen||Darlinghurst|
|5.||Rhino Bar||South Townsville|
|7.||Cafe Barcelona||St Kilda|
|8.||De Los Santos||Fitzroy|
|9.||Robert Burns Hotel||Collingwood|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Putting together a cheese plate
When compiling a cheese plate try to think of a combination of flavours as well as textures (sharp, pungent, crumbly, soft). This creates contrast as well as providing variety for your guests. Consider sweet additions such as cut apples, muscatels or honey.
Garlic chives (he) are dark green flat chives with a garlic flavour and aroma.