Roast lamb, Roman-style recipe (Arrosto di Agnello alla Romana)
Ingredients2kg lamb shoulder, boned, shanks reserved
2 tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock, or water
1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place lamb and shanks, tomato, onion, herbs and garlic in a large deep roasting pan. Season well with freshly ground pepper.
2. Add wine and stock or water. Press combined breadcrumbs and parmesan over lamb and drizzle with oil. Bake for 1 ½ hours, until lamb is tender and breadcrumbs and cheese have formed a golden crust.
Tips: To make breadcrumbs, break day-old bread into chunks and whiz in a food processor.
Displaying 10 of 2165 Italian Restaurants.
|1.||The Beresford Hotel||Surry Hills|
|5.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|8.||Railway Hotel||Fitzroy North|
|9.||Vibe Cafe Restaurant||St Kilda|
|10.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Crispy potato pancakes
When making potato pancakes wring out the excess moisture in the potatoes (after you grate them) in a clean, dry tea towel. This will ensure a crisp batter.
(pronounced kay-sah-Dee-yah) A corn tortilla filled with cheese (always!) and a variety of other fillings can be added. It is folded in half and cook on a hot plate until crisp and golden on both sides.