Caramelised jackfruit and bamboo dessert recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
1 dsp brown sugar, caramelised
1 vanilla bean, scraped for pulp
250g jackfruit, segmented – or custard apple
125g bamboo, pre-blanched in salted water
1 fresh lime, juiced
½ cup pineapple juice
Heat a heavy-based pan and place the brown sugar in to caramelise, quickly.
Afterwards, add the pineapple juice and vanilla bean pulp, add bamboo and reduce the syrup and then add the jackfruit segments.
Finish with freshly-squeezed lime juice.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
To de-beard a mussel grab the beard (the byssal threads that connect the mussel to the rocks in the sea) with your fingers, and pull them out, tugging toward the hinged point of the shell.
A pale-coloured and mild-tasting raw cane sugar named after Guyana, its place of origin.