Chilled cucumber soup recipe
Ingredients500g Lebanese cucumbers, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cups low-fat natural yogurt
½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
¼ cup chopped pistachios and snipped dill, to serve
PreparationPlace cucumber, garlic, cumin and natural yogurt in a food processor. Process until smooth. Stir in chicken stock, adding more if soup is too thick. Season to taste. Chill.
Serve topped with pistachios and dill.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Sealing meat does not actually help to keep the juices inside the meat, it does however add a great charred flavour and colour to the meat. Sear cuts of meat in a hot frying pan or roasting dish over medium to high heat.
A crisp variety of chicory with a bitter, peppery taste. Radicchio has small hearts, red with white veins, and is generally used in salads mixed with other salad leaves.