Bill Granger's LA burger recipe
Ingredients500g minced (ground) pork
½ onion, grated
½ teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly toasted and crushed
40g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground black pepper
rocket (arugula) leaves
roasted red pepper (capsicum)
1 red onion, thinly sliced
sweet potato fries
PreparationPut the pork, onion, fennel seeds, breadcrumbs, egg and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Season well with sea salt and black pepper and then use your hands to mix everything together thoroughly. Shape the mixture into four patties,
then cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat a frying pan or chargrill pan over high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are browned and cooked through.
Place the patties in hamburger buns and top with rocket leaves, roasted pepper and a few slices of red onion. Serve with sweet potato fries.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Keeping champagne fizzy
If you want to keep champagne fizzy to drink the next day try placing a silver spoon in the neck of the bottle (handle pointing into the liquid). They have been doing this for decades in France and many swear by it!
A red pepper paste which can be hot or mild.