Italian vegetable soup recipe
Ingredients1 fennel bulb, halved, sliced
1 carrot, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
400g can diced tomatoes
2 cups (500ml) reduced-salt vegetable or chicken stock
400g can cannellini beans or chickpeas, drained, rinsed
1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
pesto, shaved parmesan, crusty bread, to serve
Preparation1. Heat a lightly oiled saucepan on medium. Cook fennel, carrot and celery for 5 minutes, until golden and softened. Stir in tomato, stock and beans with 2 cups water. Bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
2. Stir through breadcrumbs and ladle into serving bowls. Top with a dollop of pesto and shaved parmesan. Serve with crusty bread.
If you enjoyed this Italian vegetable soup recipe then browse more Modern Australian recipes, egg-free recipes, low-fat recipes, low-carb recipes, low-cholesterol recipes, low-gi recipes, heart-friendly recipes, vegetarian recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Cooking with coconut milk or cream
It's better not to bring coconut milk or cream back to the boil after adding it to a dish as it will curdle.
Light Soy Sauce
The result of the first stage of production. Soy beans are fermented for approx forty days. It is pleasantly salty and this is its main contribution to many dishes. Use in stir-fries, marinades and as a dipping sauce.