Ham with pineaple juice and vodka recipe
- Prep Time: 40 min(s)
- Cook Time: 3 hr(s)
Ted's Australian tropical Christmas ham.
IngredientsLeg of smoked ham
1 lt of pineapple juice
250 mils vodka
Short crust pastry
PreparationPurchase a smoked leg of ham, score skin into diamond shapes, encase in short crust pastry, and cook for 2 hours in a barbecue. Take out, using a syringe pierce pastry injecting pineapple juice and vodka, seal pastry and cook for another hour, take out peal pastry of and enjoy! Alll the alcohol has been depleted in the cooking process.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
The dripping should be boiling when the batter is poured in to make it light and crispy on the outside.
The Italian word for ham, used in the names of raw hams such as prosciutto di Parma. Parma ham is served in very thin slices.