Backyard plum jam recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
Ingredients2 kg plums, quartered and stones removed
250 ml (1 cup) water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 kg caster sugar
PreparationPlace plums, water and lemon juice in a large heavy-based saucepan.
Bring to the boil over medium heat, cook for 20 minutes, or until fruit is soft.
Meanwhile warm sugar either by placing sugar in a heatproof bowl in the oven, or in the microwave. Add the sugar to the stewed fruit, stir well until sugar dissolves.
Raise heat and cook for 15–20 minutes stirring often.
Check to see if jam has reached setting point by placing a teaspoon of mixture onto a chilled plate. Tip the plate; if the jam runs, cook for a further 5 minutes then try again. Pour into sterilised jars while still hot.
Makes 2–3 litres
If you enjoyed this Backyard plum jam recipe then browse more Modern Australian recipes, sauce and dressing recipes, allan campion and michele curtis recipes, fruit recipes and our most popular hainanese chicken rice recipe.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
You can easily turn unused bread into breadcrumbs. Lightly dry the bread in a moderate oven and then pulse in a food processor until desired coarseness. Do not use stale bread as this will result in stale tasting bread crumbs.
Flat dark open mushroom, good for roasting, baking and stuffing.