Porter’s ice cream recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
Ingredients500gm egg yolks
625gm caster sugar
675ml porters beer (James Squire)
PreparationBoil milk, cream and beer, and then add glucose. Whisk sugar and eggs into sabayon, then add the hot liquid, heat mix to 82c.
Strain mix, cool completely, and then churn into ice cream.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Peeling and de-seeding capsicum
Place peppers under a hot grill, turning from time to time until they are scorched and blackened all over. Place the hot peppers in a plastic bag, seal and leave for 20 minutes. Peel, and pull out the core (it will come away quite easily taking most of the seeds with it).
Extract of the maranta root it is a flavourless starch, ideally used for thickening sauces, juices and syrups; when heated the starch turns to jelly and so thickens the liquid.