Swordfish steak with tomato and herbs recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Serves 1
Ingredients1 x 200g swordfish steak
10 x truss cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 x anchovy fillet
Salt and Pepper
5 x Agrigento black olives
Pinch of capers from Pantelleria
Pinch of chopped Parsley
1/4 sliced onion
1/4 of chopped chilli
PreparationGrill the swordfish steak and season on both sides. Allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
Separately sauté cherry tomatoes and other ingredients until the tomatoes have softened and are beginning to release their juices.
Simmer on low heat for 3 or 4 minutes and then allow to rest for 2 minutes.
Plate up swordfish and spoon cherry tomatoes on top.
Garnish with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe provided by Paolo Patane of Gusto Bar & Kitchen
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Cheats chicken stock
Using the left over chicken carcass from your roast will provide you with a good starting point for a simple chicken stock. Through in any spare stock vegetables: such as carrot, onion, celery or parsley stalks. Cover in water, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for an hour.
An exotic fruit that has the texture of a pear but the flavour of an apple.