Potato and leek soup recipe
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Serves 4
Ingredients1 stick celery
600g potatoes, floury, baking potatoes
1 large leek
1 handful fresh wild garlic leaves
800ml vegetable stock
3 - 5 tbsp cream
2tbsp fried leek rings
PreparationWash and trim the celery and cut into pieces. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Clean the leek and cut into rings.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the leek, celery and potatoes and sweat for a few minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock, cover and simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes. Add the washed fresh garlic leaves about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Blend the soup to a fine puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Now stir in the cream and ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with a few fried leek rings and crushed pepper.
Modern Australian Restaurants
Displaying 10 of 601 Modern Australian Restaurants.
|3.||Benny's Bar & Cafe||Fremantle|
|6.||Inn Mahogany Creek||Mahogany Creek|
|7.||Morning Star Estate||Mt Eliza|
|10.||The Boat House by the Lake||Barton|
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Grind the saffron thread with some salt in a mortar and pestle until it is like a fine powder. It will be distributed through the paella evenly giving a better colour and flavour to the finished dish.
Ground roasted sesame seeds and honey from the Middle East.