Jewish recipes and Jewish food
About Jewish Food
Make sure your kitchen is stocked with these essential ingredients.
Find out which special utensils you’ll need on hand during cooking.
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
In Dutch cuisine, festive occasions are almost always marked with desserts and sweets. Appelflappen, a fritter which is half way between an apple pie and a donut, is traditionally served on New Year’s Eve. Banketstaff, a flaky puff pastry, decorated with glace cherries is served at Christmas, as are Christmas cookies, used to decorate the tree.
A roux is a cooked mixture of equal quantities of butter and flour that is the base for sauces such as white sauce and bechamel.