Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
In Dutch cuisine, festive occasions are almost always marked with desserts and sweets. Appelflappen, a fritter which is half way between an apple pie and a donut, is traditionally served on New Year’s Eve. Banketstaff, a flaky puff pastry, decorated with glace cherries is served at Christmas, as are Christmas cookies, used to decorate the tree.
Hot red pepper flakes.