Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Spice it up
It pays to sort through your spices at least every six months and throw out any that are past their use-by date. Replacing them with fresh spices will make all the difference to an Indian or Cape Malay curry.
Based on seaweed and used as a stabiliser or thickener in many food products, agar-agar is a vegetarian alternative to gelatine. It is sold in many of the large supermarkets in powder form, as flakes and as bars.