Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
It’s important to check your mortar and pestle regularly for small cracks since they can trap food and breed germs. All you can do in this case is discard them. After use, give the mortar and pestle a good rinse in warm water (and a little detergent if you’ve been using particularly pungent ingredients). Pounding a little uncooked rice after rinsing and drying the mortar and pestle helps remove residual odours.
A roux is a cooked mixture of equal quantities of butter and flour that is the base for sauces such as white sauce and bechamel.