Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Peeling and de-seeding tomatoes
To peel and de-seed a tomato, score a small cross in the base of the tomato with your knife; plunge in boiling water for 1 minute, refresh under cold water (running water seems to make peeling easier too); cut in half and scoop out seeds with a dessert spoon.
The precursor to the chilli in Asia before their introduction by Columbus, black peppercorns are the dried unripe berries of the pepper plant and are essential to Sri Lankan cuisine.