Justin North recipes
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
How to tell your roast chicken is ready
Pierce the thigh of your chicken with a skewer to determine it is cooked through. This is the thickest part of the bird, and if the juices run clear (with no blood) you will know it is cooked.
Literally "little stomach" this is a cured pork product made from pork belly. It can be found semi-cured and sold finely sliced like ham or as a fully cured slab, looking a little like bacon.