Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
To de-beard a mussel grab the beard (the byssal threads that connect the mussel to the rocks in the sea) with your fingers, and pull them out, tugging toward the hinged point of the shell.
A key ingredient for many dishes including the famous French onion soup. Look for firm onions with shiny papery skin. The Mako region in Hungary lays claim to an ingenious method of cultivation which is said to produce superior quality onions.