This stuffing recipe from Margaret Fulton is perfect for your Christmas turkey.
- ½ cup apple juice or cider
- 4 thick slices white bread, cubed
- 500 g pork mince (pork sausages may be used)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp chopped sage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Makes 5 cups
Soaking time 15 minutes
Pour the apple juice over the bread in a large bowl and set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Add the pork mince, apple, onion and herbs, and mix well. Add the beaten egg, season well and mix together thoroughly. Use to stuff the crop (breast) of the turkey.
Recipe from Margaret Fulton Christmas by Margaret Fulton, with photographs by Mark Roper. Published by Hardie Grant Books.