Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Steaming fish - hot tip
When steaming fish, slice through flesh for even cooking. This allows the heat to penetrate the thicker parts of the fish, preventing the thinner parts (especially near the tail) from overcooking. If marinating the fish before cooking, this also allows the flesh to absorb the flavours.
Considered a pest by many Australians, the European carp inhabits many of the continent's waterways. It is however prized by many communities including the Chinese and some Middle Eastern nationalities.