Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Use dried spices quickly and discard after a few weeks. Chef Peter Kuruvita says you can't make a good curry with ancient spices and believes many Australians have dried spices older than their children!
Bay leaves are one of the few herbs that don't lose their flavour when dried, rather the flavour is more intense. Can be bought as whole dried leaves or ground and is also popular as a fresh herb.