Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
There's an art to eating an Indonesian meal. It all starts with rice and then you add small amounts of curries and other dishes like sambals and pickles to add an extra bit of heat or a burst of sour crunch. Its fun to eat with your hands - use your right hand or a spoon and fork. If you've been invited to an Indonesian home, come hungry - Indonesians are incredibly generous.
A thick, dark, heavy syrup that is a by-product of sugar refining. Molasses has a slightly tart flavour that is favoured into the making of rich fruit cakes, gingerbread and treacle toffee.